Top 10 Gel Mattress Toppers
Foam mattress toppers have remained to be one of the most popular contenders in the market because of their exceptional support, superior quality and amazing durability. But, when you are about to purchase them for your mattress then the two common options that will often revolve around your eyes are: memory foam and gel memory foam mattress toppers. Though both are great options and are adored for their unique properties, yet when it comes to getting a restful and deepest sleep then you need to have your pick carefully.
This article explains everything that you must know about the revolutionary gel mattress topper and what makes it stand apart from the crowd.
What is Gel Mattress Topper?
Gel mattress toppers are quite similar to that of a memory foam mattress topper, however a major difference lies in the material that form their core structure. In case of gel foams a layer of gel beads or liquid gel is infused along with other ingredients of memory foam, hence the touch and feel of both of the toppers is almost the same.
The presence of gel-infused foam enhances the heat dissipation ability of the topper and keeps them cool, maintaining a uniform temperature across the different parts of the human body. This means if you are struggling with heat retention in your traditional mattress then these toppers can turn out to be the ultimate solution.
Besides this, gel mattress toppers are able to stop transfer of motion, so that your sleep is never disrupted when your partner cradles on the bed. Further, some of them relieve pressure on the sensitive points of the body ensuring you enjoy a peaceful and relaxing sleep.
Gel Mattress Topper Reviews
1. Milliard Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper – 2 Inches Thick with Premium 3 Pound Density
Boasting two inches 100% gel memory foam this topper is good option for those who are looking for that added layer of comfort and protection. It supports excellent ventilation and is light in weight. This means retention of heat is minimized, leaving you feel well rested early in the morning. Plus, the manageable weight and density of this gel memory foam topper makes it easy to maintain too.
Some of the noticeable features of Milliard gel memory foam premium mattress topper are:
- Open Cell Technology: Milliard has incorporated its patent open cell technology combined with the power of gel beads to increase ventilation and promote perfect sleep temperature. In addition to that, the topper comes along with a washable bamboo fiber cover that has a non-slip bottom and keeps the topper at its place so that it does not move around while you sleep.
- CertiPUR-US Certified: The CertiPUR-US is a reflection of quality that one can expect from the topper. The foam used for the process of manufacturing is anti-microbial, hypoallergenic and offers relief for those who suffer from asthma or dust allergies.
- 3 Years Limited Warranty: To help you purchase the product confidently, the manufacturers provide warranty for a period of 3 years, where any issues as stipulated under the warranted terms will be covered without any additional charges.
2. Red Nomad – King Size 2 Inch Thick, Ultra Premium Gel Infused Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper – Made in the USA
Red Nomad is a well-built gel mattress topper that does not produce any form of permanent impressions no matter for how long you use it. Since its about two inches thick, it can turn out to be a suitable choice for side sleepers or those who are in the search of extra cushioning around the shoulders and the neck area.
This Visco Elastic memory foam topper exemplifies craftsmanship of Red Nomad at its best and is regarded to be the first choice for those who are looking for guaranteed fit.
The one of a kind features of Red Nomad premium gel infused mattress include:
- Advance Design: This topper is backed by a revolutionary Cool Cycle Technology that keeps the bed cool and improves air flow to a greater extent. This means you can finally bid adieu to those sweaty and uncomfortable nights and immerse yourself into a refreshing and comfy sleep.
- CertiPUR-US Certification: There are absolutely no flimsy foams involved in the manufacturing process of the topper and this is depicted by the CertiPUR-US certification. So, now you can invest on the topper without having to worry about any harmful chemicals.
- 5 Years Limited Warranty: The topper comes with a warranty for a period of 5 years and this itself showcases the confidence that manufacturers have on their final product.
3. Sleep Innovations 4-inch Plush Support Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Air Channels and Fiberfill
Sleep Innovations has emerged to be a superstar in the category of mattress topper and this 4-inch plush support gel memory foam topper is no exception. Having this topper on the bed can amplify its comfort so that you always wakeup energized every morning.
The mattress topper has a snug-fit and quilted cover that is both dryer and wash safe. Thus, it acts as a form of protective shield and keeps the topper free from stain, moisture and other elements that might deteriorate its quality.
Some of the popular features of this gel memory foam mattress topper include:
- 3-inch Cooling Gel Support: To boost the quality of your sleep, this topper is equipped with 3 +1 inch design, where 3 inches are meant for the gel-infused memory foam while the 1 inch is composed of fiberfill. Further, it has a revisable design giving you the opportunity to place the topper according to the need of your body.
- Certified 100% Polyester Topper: This high density foam comes with a guarantee and hugs your body without any compressions so that you can sleep all night without any discomfort.
- 10 Years Limited Warranty: Your mattress topper indeed has to go through a lot and to ensure that it is able to stand the test of time, Sleep Innovations has backed this product with a limited warranty for 10 years.
4. LINENSPA 2 Inch Gel Infused Memory Foam Mattress Topper – Twin size
When you are looking for a versatile topper that will last for years, then LINENSPA gel infused memory foam matters can turn to be a great option. This product features excellent balance of support with comfort and is tested by experts so that you will not have to compromise with your sleep in any way.
This topper is good for those who suffer from pain, especially at the lower back because it tends to alleviate the pressure points and distributes your body weight evenly across the topper.
The main features of this LINENSPA 2 inch gel infused memory foam mattress topper are:
- Captures & Distributes Body Heat: Due to the presence of a cool gel layer, the topper captures regulates optimal temperature by capturing body heat and then uniformly distrusting across the various parts so that you can sleep to perfection.
- CertiPUR-US Certified: All the mattress toppers that are manufactured by LINENSPA are certified by CertiPUR-US and this shows the dedication of the company towards the quality of the products that it produces.
- 3 Years Limited Warranty: Having gel infused mattress topper is indeed a huge purchase and to help you do that with a peace of mind, LINENSPA offers its toppers along with a manufacturer warranty for 3 years.
5. Sleep Innovations 4-Inch Dual Layer King Mattress Topper
Do you want to sleep on the cloud and enrich the magic of gentle support? Your hunt comes to an end with the 4-inch dual layer king mattress topper designed by Sleep Innovations. This dual layer mattress holds its shape for years to come and is packed with 2 inches of gel memory foam and 2 inches of fiberfill. This makes it ideal for those who suffer from chronic back pain, sleep on their stomach or sides.
The best features of this mattress topper from the house of Sleep Innovations are:
- 2-inch Gel Memory Foam: The manufacturers realize that the needs of every person is not the same. Considering that, they have come with the power of both fiberfill and gel topper that not only relieves pressure but at the same time offers amazing comfort. When you sleep you almost feel like you are floating on the clouds.
- Certified 100% Polyester: Each and every mattress topper that is brought to you by Sleep Innovations is embedded with 100% certified polyester that does not emit any harmful compounds or chemical odor.
- 10 Years Limited Warranty: The mattress topper is here to make luxurious sleep affordable and the best part is that your purchase will be backed by a warranty for a period of 10 years, so that there is nothing that you need to worry about.
6. LUCID 3″ Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Bedtime is made fulfilling and comfortable with LUCID gel memory foam mattress topper that relieves discomfort from the pressure points of the body and amplifies proper air flow for a cool and relaxing sleep. Further, LUCID brings a special formulation that keeps the gel infused memory foam mattress airy, responsive and extremely soft. The plush gel component of the foam apparently captures heat and then circulates it across the topper so as to maintain a uniform temperature.
The primary aspects of this topper that makes it one of the best includes:
- 3-inch gel memory foam: In order to take your comfort to the next level, LUCID has combined a 3-inch thick layer of gel memory foam that reduces retention of heat and keeps the surface cool and comfy for a long period of time.
- CertiPUR-US Certified: The topper is certified by CertiPUR-US and this means you will not have to be concerned about the quality of materials, compounds or other associated elements that goes into the making of the topper. As the certification itself is a proof of quality and safety of this product.
- 3 Years Limited Warranty: Like most of the LUCID mattress topper even this one is available along with a 3-year limited warranty that covers most of the complications which may happen to the topper.
7. LuxurestLLC Memory Foam Mattress Topper 3 Inch Infused With Gel
Replacing old mattress with a new one is not such an easy decision. Because, having a brand new mattress can be quite costly! But, what if you could get the comfort and quality of a new mattress but without spending too much for the same. This is here the 3-inch gel infused memory foam mattress topper designed by LuxurestLLC makes its way.
Packed with an array of qualities for refreshing and peaceful sleep, this mattress topper costs only a fraction of a conventional mattress and can be maintained without any complications.
Some of the key features of LuxurestLLC that you must consider are:
- 3-inch Dense Gel Memory Foam: Memory foam in itself can be quite hot as it causes retention of heat. While the gel-infused versions overcome this drawback by keeping the surface cool and increasing ventilation through air holes. Further, the heat trapped is evenly spread across the area ensuring you feel comfortable throughout the night.
- Made in USA: The USA has strict guidelines when it comes to manufacturing of mattress topper. Since these products are made in the USA then you can remain assured of their quality, durability and authenticity.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee: Still if you are not sure with the idea of owning a gel-infused mattress topper then you can take advantage of its 30-days money back guarantee, where if you are not satisfied with the purchase then you can return the product and get your money back.
8. Memory Foam Solutions Twin Size 2 Inch Thick, Gel Swirl Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper Made in the USA
Enriched with Visco Elastic memory foam, this product by Memory Foam Solutions instantly transforms your mattress into a cooler, supportive and more comfortable surface but without any sagging at various regions. An important element of the topper is the cool gel swirl that conforms to the curves of the body and provides optimal support reducing pressure on the different parts. This means even when you turn or toss, you can still enjoy a good night’s sleep.
There are certain features that make it best of its own kind and some of these are:
- 2 inch of extra cooling: Even new memory mattress have a tendency to absorb heat and cause discomfort while you sleep continuously for 7 hours. For this, Memory Foam Solutions bring to you a 2-inch thick cooling layer that will keep the mattress cool and comfy so that you can sleep just the way you want.
- PURGreen Certification: This mattress topper has acquired PURGreen Certification and this means only 100% eco-friendly processed are used for manufacturing the foam. Since they are green there is absolutely no incorporation of harmful chemicals, solutions or other ozone-depleting contents.
- 3 Years Limited Warranty: To make sure that you are satisfied with the product, the topper is offered with three years warranty period, where complications associated with it will be addressed by experts without any extra charges.
9. DreamDNA Gel Infused Full 2-Inch Thick Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Bed Topper
There are many people who think that good night’s sleep is a form of luxury that can only be achieved when you spend a lot on the bedding. However, DreamDNA Visco Elastic gel infused memory foam mattress topper is here to turn that into a misconception. Now you can experience the luxury of peaceful sleep and that too without having to move beyond your budget.
This topper is packed with an array of features and some of them are:
- 2 inch Visco Elastic Gel Infused Memory Foam: This mattress topper provides pressure reliving power of memory foam along with temperature regulating properties of cool gel, so that you are able to accomplish a healthy sleep cycle devoid from any disruptions. This mattress topper can be added to your existing mattress which can be made up of anything such as latex, memory foam or spring too.
- PURGreen Certification: In order to meet the strict parameters, this mattress topper abides by CSPC and EPA standards of manufacturing process and is even entitled with PURGreen Certification. This means the topper is free from chemicals like harmful metals, other substances, prohibited palates and formaldehyde.
- 3 Year Limited Warranty: If anything goes wrong with the mattress within three years then you can take advantage of its limited warranty, as every product that comes from the house of DreamDNA is warranted for a period of 3 years.
10. ViscoSoft 3.5 lbs. Density 3-Inch Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress Topper
ViscoSoft is a well-featured gel memory foam mattress topper that is known for its breathable formula and high-density foam. Due to the improved ventilation, the topper is able to distribute pressure across the surface, making sure that you sleep comfortably no matter what your posture might be. Along with this, there are innumerable air holes that improve circulation of air while the gel layer transports body heat and maintains a comfortable temperature on the surface. The topper even rejuvenates worn out old mattress and adds to their durability and lifespan.
Some of the exceptional features of this topper include:
- 3.5 lbs Density Gel Memory Foam: The topper comes with a high density of 3.5 lbs so that you don’t feel like you are sinking into the mattress when you sleep on it. This is great for those with a heavier body. Moreover, the cool gel present keeps the surface comfortable and cool without the presence of unwanted heat.
- CertiPUR-US Certified: Made in USA, this topper by DreamDNA is acknowledged with CertiPUR-US certification, thus there are no harmful components or chemicals that are utilized in its manufacturing process.
- 3 Years Limited Warranty: The gel infused memory foam mattress topper is secured by limited 3 years warranty on any manufacturing defects or associated problems so that these can be rectified by professionals at zero charges.
Pros and Cons of Gel Mattress Toppers
Like most of the mattress toppers, even gel mattress toppers have their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
These are revealed below:
Pros of Gel Mattress Toppers
There are a plethora of benefits that gel mattress toppers have in store for you and these are:
1. Better Circulation of Air
As stated before, the one quality that makes gel memory foam different from traditional memory foam is the way they are made. These mattress toppers are infused with gel beads or particles that leads to better circulation of air. This is the reason why the toppers are able to draw heat from the human body effectively, creating a cool and comfortable sleeping surface. This indeed is a valuable proof gel memory foam mattress topper.
2. Long-Term Investment
People spend almost one-third of their life sleeping on the bed and this signifies the importance of the components used in your bedding. The products that you choose should not only be supportive but at the same time, it must last for years to come. Fortunately, gel memory foam mattress toppers are innovative and advanced products that come with an average lifespan of over 15 years and the best part is that they amplify the durability of mattresses too. This means with a high-quality mattress topper you are not able to sleep properly for years rather at the same time ensure that your mattress remains the way it is.
The toppers are even backed by wash and dryer safe covers that maintain the characteristics of the gel topper for a long period of time.
3. Reduces cooling expenses
The human body is able to harness maximum benefits of sleep when you sleep cool and cosy. In fact, your sleep cycle is improved when the bed and the atmosphere where you sleep is cooler. Considering this aspect, gel memory foam mattress are equipped with cooling technology and hundreds of holes so as to promote airflow and maintain suitable temperature as you sleep.
When you sleep on a cool surface then you become less dependent upon the cooling systems of your house and this, in turn, reduces your energy bills to a greater extent. Therefore, having gel memory foam mattress is a form of long-term investment that ensures you are able to yield the worth of every penny spent on them.
4. Balanced Support
Gel mattress topper provides stability and eliminates motion transfer so as to keep spine and neck aligned. In addition to that, it relaxes your muscles so as to prevent any strain on them as you toss or turn. This not only aids in quality sleep but even promotes blood circulation.
5. Relief From Pressure and Back Pain
The mattress toppers are able to relieve pressure points on the body that might cause pain. This is done by distributing weight and contouring the head portion. In fact, relief from pressure and back again is regarded to be one of the major pros of these toppers.
Cons of Gel Mattress Toppers
There are certain cons of gel mattress toppers that you must look after when purchasing them and these include:
1. The Temperature of Climate Affects Firmness
Gel memory foam is sensitive to external temperature, and this is the reason why some of them tend to contour into different shapes. Hence, if the topper often comes in contact with heat then the topper would get flexible with time, while if it remains cool for too long then it might firmer than usual. Therefore, the temperature that prevails outdoors can influence the firmness of the topper to a certain extent.
2. Not For People Allergic to Visco Elastic
Visco Elastic is a form of polyurethane foam based on petroleum and there are a few people who are allergic to this composition. If sensitive to such materials then you must analyze the ingredients of the topper first and then select them accordingly.
People suffering from such conditions can opt for 100% green and organic gel foam mattress toppers that have been certified with PURGreen certification, indicating the absence of VOCs, chemical retardants and other hazardous compounds in the product.
3. Unpleasant Smell From Poor Quality Foam
A poor quality foam that has been processed with chemicals tend to have an unpleasant odour, whereas those manufactured using natural substrates have a faint smell that vanishes within 24 hours of unpacking.
Still, if the faint odour bothers you then you can air the topper for one day and the next day it will be absolutely free from that chemical smell.
Gel Mattress Topper Buying Guide
Gel mattress toppers are available in a wide array of thickness, density and size options giving you the opportunity to choose the ideal one for your mattress. But, along with these characteristics, there are a few things that you should focus on when planning to purchase the best amongst the best one:
1. Airflow and Ventilation
While searching for a gel mattress topper you have to take an account of its ability to promote airflow through the underlying mattress. This is because the ventilation of topper varies from one product to another due to the technology that has been implemented by them. For example, there are certain toppers that utilize not only gel-infused foams but even large air holes so as to allow air to pass through the surface and dissipate heat at a much faster pace.
Because at the end of the day, proper airflow is essential as it aids in healthy sleep and prevents bacteria and microbial buildup.
2. Technology Behind Their Making
There are two technologies predominately found in gel mattress foams and they are:
- Open Cell Technology
- Cool Cycle Technology
The open cell technology refers to the holes that facilitate the flow of air and regulate the temperature of the mattress. While cool cycle technology harnesses the power of infused gel foam so as to distribute heat and maintain a constant and uniform temperature on the surface.
3. How Much Do You Weigh
Your weight should even be considered while looking for an appropriate topper. A few rules that you can follow for this are:
Those who weigh beyond 250 pounds need 4-inch thick mattress topper, as any option below that won’t be as durable or resilient as expected.
Those who weigh less than 250 pounds can opt for 2-inch thick gel mattress topper supported by medium density. The average density of these toppers must be somewhere between 2 to 4 pounds.
Those who weigh between 150 to 250 pounds can consider 3-inch thick mattress and if you prefer having a higher density topper then you can opt for the same.
4. Consider Warranty
No matter which gel mattress topper you choose, make sure it is covered under manufacturer’s warranty. Most of the reputable companies come up with at least 3-year limited warranty, as this shows the confidence of the manufacturer on their product.
The longer will be the duration of the warranty, the better. Moreover, there are a few companies that come up with 30-day trial and money back guarantee so that you can return the toppers if they are not up to the mark.
5. Know The Perfect Fit
The gel mattress toppers, like most of the toppers, are crafted in standard bed sizes. Since you will lay them on the existing mattress, do ensure that both have the same dimensions for better comfort and support. The common options that you may come across are Twin, Full, Queen, King and Full XL.
6. Your Budget
At last, never forget to formulate a budget according to the expectations that you have from the gel mattress topper. This can help in refining your search, allowing you to choose the ultimate one that not only satisfies your requirements but at the same time is value for money as well.